How much is entry?
Entry to Rise For Rescue is free. Click here to register for Rise For Rescue.
What activities can I do?
Stride: Run; Walk
Ride: Road Bike; Mountain Bike; Wheelchair; Horse; Tractor
Water: Swim; Surf; Paddle
Skate: Skateboard; Scooter; Rollerskate
Flow: Yoga; Pilates; Barre; Tai Chi; Meditation
Other: the Sky is the Limit
You set the activity type or you can Mix It Up each day.
What is the minimum age for participation?
Children at any age can be part of a team – however please be aware that images on our Facebook and Instagram pages are public and can be shared across multiple platforms.
Do teams need to do the same activity?
No, teams can do a combination of activities – it’s up to each team member to what activity bests suits them as they rise up.
If you are going to do lots of different activities choose the Mix It Up option.
How do I log my activities?
You can log your activities through Garmin, Strava or Fitbit or log them on your fundraising page each day.
Don’t forget to add a picture – your supporters would love to see your daily activity.
How do I share my pictures on the event Facebook and Instagram page
We have kept our event Facebook and Instagram Pages open to the public. Share your pictures and posts each day with us.
HASHTAGS #riseforrescue2020 #rescuehelicopter
Can I participate if I live outside the flight zone?
Absolutely, we encourage you to enter from where ever you are. Especially if you travel in Northern NSW or have family and friends in the area.
Where does the money go?
Every dollar you raise for Rise For Rescue contributes to keeping the Rescue Helicopter Service available 24/7, 365 days a year.
Our AW139 helicopters are flying intensive care units. They can carry two patients or a baby infant carrier.
It costs about $40 million a year to keep the helicopters and crews ready to respond when needed.
How do I go in the draw to win a Garmin Prize?
There are two ways you can go in the draw to win a Garmin prize - fundraising or with our Facebook Promotion.
See the link to the prize categories here
Rise For Rescue Fundraising Prize Terms & Conditions
Participants must have banked monies on their Rise For Rescue Individual or Team Fundraising page by 9am, 1 December 2020 to qualify for the fundraising prize draw.
Categories will be determined by
* Individuals or Teams (Team members will not be eligible for individual prizes)
* Individual Fundraising Prizes will be awarded to a male and female
* Fundraising amounts within the following amount ranges: $50-$99.99, $100-$249.99, $250+
Fundraisers will not be eligible for the fundraising prize if they exceed the maximum amount for the category below. ie: by raising $162 the individual will be eligible in the > $100 (less than $250) category but not for the > $50 (less than $100) category.
Highest fundraiser will not be eligible for any categories mentioned above.
The fundraisers will be numbered and then a random number draw will be generated to select the winner.
Prizes will rewarded the Garmin prize as listed on the Prize Draw Page – for full prize details and value please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
Prize Draw will be conducted by the Rise for Rescue Event Coordinator at 10am on Tuesday 1 December 2020.
Winners will be notified by email and then a general announcement will be made on the Rise For Rescue Facebook Page by 5pm on Tuesday 1 December 2020.
Prizes will be posted to winners within the draw week.
Staff members of WHRS are not eligible to win prize draws.
For any questions about this prize draw please contact the WRHS Events Coordinator at email@example.com
Where can I find out more about the Rescue Helicopter Service?
For more information about our service visit our website www.rescuehelicopter.com.au
Your information is being collected by Northern NSW Helicopter Rescue Service Limited (ABN 40 002 862 026) for the purpose of processing your participation in this Event. Supply of this information is voluntary, but you may be unable to participate in the Event without it.
We may use your personal information for the related purpose of sending you marketing materials which we think may interest you as a valued supporter. You can opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by contacting us.
For all privacy matters, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0249 52 0000.
Participant Conditions of Entry
Participant Agreement and Waiver
You must read this document carefully before checking the box. This waiver has important legal consequences and may limit or eliminate the ability of you or your representatives to bring future legal actions or obtain compensation, including in the event of your injury or death. It is a condition of your entry into and participation in the Rise for Rescue – Virtual Event (the Event) that you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not accept all the below terms and conditions, you must not enter or participate in the Event. For participants under the age of 18 years, a parent or guardian must read this document carefully before signing and accepting the below terms and conditions on behalf of the participant.
I understand, by checking the box below, I accept and agree to all of the following statements in exchange for being permitted to participate in the Rise for Rescue – Virtual Event (the Event).
- I acknowledge that the Event is being conducted virtually and that I am responsible for choosing the nature and location of the activities I complete as part of the Event. I agree that I will plan lawful and safe activities in a safe location in accordance with my own physical skills and capability.
- I agree it is my responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit, healthy, skilled and physically trained to safely participate in the Event, and I undertake to withdraw from the Event and not participate if on the date of the Event I am not in good health and proper physical condition.
- I warrant that I have no physical, medical or mental conditions of which I am aware or should be aware that would affect my ability to safely participate in the Event, or which would result in my participation creating a risk of danger to myself or others, greater than the risk assumed by a healthy person of a similar age as me. I further warrant I have not been advised or cautioned by a medical practitioner not to participate in the Event.
- I warrant I have sufficient and necessary competence, training and experience to participate in the activities I choose to complete as part of the Event.
- I agree to act appropriately at all times during the Event, including obeying all laws, regulations, Event rules and the directions of Event officials. I understand that my entry may be voided if through my actions or behaviour, in the opinions of the Organisers, I have broken these rules, any law or regulation or brought the Event into disrepute. I further understand that the Organisers reserve the right to reject any entry without having to justify or give reasons for their actions.
- I understand the Organisers reserve the right to close, postpone, reschedule or cancel the Event at their discretion, including for the following reasons: if natural or man-made emergencies make administering the Event unreasonable due to natural disaster, acts of god, terrorism, war or any other reason (at the organisers’ discretion).
- I acknowledge and agree that I may choose to upload photographs to social media platforms as part of my involvement in the Event (the “Recordings”) and I grant a non-exclusive license to Northern NSW Helicopter Rescue Service Limited to use such Recordings (including all content on those Recordings) in any media and for any purpose without my consent or crediting me and without payment and/or compensation to me. The Recordings are the sole property of Northern NSW Helicopter Rescue Service Limited to use for any purpose, including but not limited to its promoting, advertising and marketing activities, without payment and/or compensation to me.
- I agree that it is my responsibility to understand and comply with:
- COVID-19 rules, orders, guidelines and advice issued by the NSW Government and NSW Health which are relevant to any activities I undertake or any location I attend as part of the Event (see www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19 for up-to-date information),
- NSW Health advice for COVID-19 vulnerable people (if applicable to me),
- any COVID-19 Safety Plan which applies to any site I attend during the Event,
- the reasonable directions and requirements of any site I attend during the Event.
- I agree that if I am feeling unwell I will not participate in the Event.
- I acknowledge and accept that participation in the Event may involve the risk of acquiring COVID-19. I confirm that I irrevocably indemnify release and hold harmless the Organisers from and against any and all liabilities, claims or actions (including for negligence) related to acquiring COVID-19, arising as a result or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in the Event, including any claim by any person assisting me.
- I acknowledge and accept that participation in the Event may involve the risk of temporary or permanent physical injury or harm or even death, arising from various hazards depending on the nature and location of the activities I choose to complete, including but not limited to: personal injury, slippery and uneven surfaces, breakages or defects of or to equipment, failure or unsuitability of a participant’s equipment, dehydration, overexertion, weather conditions, environmental hazards (eg rips and sandbars), accidents with other participants or venue users, the presence of animals which can act in sudden and/or unpredictable ways (eg horses), providers of facilities utilised during the Event and the risk of acquiring COVID-19.
- I acknowledge and accept that injury or death may result not only from my actions (including physical exertion) but also from the actions, omissions or negligence of other people in connection with the Event.
- I understand and agree that participation in the Event, separately and cumulatively, may constitute a “dangerous recreational activity” under the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW).
- In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Event, I (on my own behalf and on behalf of my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns):
- to the maximum extent permitted by law, agree that Northern NSW Helicopter Rescue Service Limited including its respective officers employees, agents, events sponsors, volunteers, community organisations and support groups, is not liable to any person whether in contract, tort, under statute or otherwise for any injury, illness, loss, damage, death, economic loss whatsoever suffered by me, whether consequential, direct or indirect, caused by or connected with my participation in the Event (collectively referred to as the “harm”), including harm suffered by me due to any person’s negligence; and
- irrevocably indemnify release and hold harmless the persons or entities mentioned in paragraph 9(a) (the Organisers) from and against any and all liabilities, claims or actions (including for negligence) whatever or however caused, arising as a result or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in and travelling to and from the Event, including any claim by any person assisting me.
- I understand and agree that any safety precautions undertaken by the Organisers (such as safety briefings and safety checks) are a service to me and other competitors but do not guarantee my safety or avoidance from harm.
- I understand the respective Organisers’ public liability insurance is limited and does not (and is not required by me to) cover or protect me from any injury or damage I cause or contribute to, whether to me or to others, or any loss or harm I sustain or caused by me whilst participating in the Event (and before and after the Event) and I am advised to obtain, and I remain responsible for obtaining, my own insurances and cover (including full private health insurance and adequate income protection insurance).
- I understand that this participant waiver constitutes a “risk warning” under the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW).
Any other questions?
Please email any questions to email@example.com