2022 will be the tenth year for the Byron Coast Charity Walk.
The walk will start from Dening Park, Byron Bay and walkers can choose from three distances:
Byron Bay to Broken Head Reserve
$60 Participant Fee
Limit of 200 participants
Each participant will need to fundraise a minimum of $250 for the Rescue Helicopter Service over and above their participant fee. Click here to see how your fundraising money makes a difference.
Each participant will also receive their own fundraising and team page for the event.
Participants can walk or run at any pace however all of our Coastal Charity Walks are non-competitive social events.
Participants can enter individually or in teams of 2-10 people. All team members must walk the same distance.
Minimum age is 12 years old (accompanied by a paying adult).
What your Participant Fee Includes:
- Coastal Charity Walk Cap
- Byron Coast Charity Walk Medal
- Chipped Event Bib
- National Park fee
- Fruit & Water Refill Stations
- Free Shuttle Bus from each of the finish lines
- Endless encouragement & support from our Volunteer Support Group & Event Staff
- Safety Services including: on-route Medical Support, timing and traffic control services
There is no need to choose your time while registering.
General timing for waves is as below.
|Registration Time||Start Time Between||Distance|
|05:45-06:20||6:30 - 7.00||36km|
|07:00-07:50||7:30 - 8.00||24km|
|08:00-08:20||8:30 - 9.00||12km|
Teams & Team Members
- All team members must walk the same distance
- Team captain can invite team members via email, facebook or twitter
- Team members can pay for their own registration
- All teams must be paid and completed no later than 10 days prior to the event. Unpaid and incomplete registrations will be cancelled after this date. We will send a reminder up to one month prior.
- All correspondence will be via the email address supplied
- The waiver must be agreed to by each individual to participate
- Minimum age for participants is 12 years & must be accompanied by a paying adult
- All participants must follow the prescribed route and follow all directions given by identified event staff
- Each team captain or individual participant must carry a mobile phone
- Each participant must carry their own water vessel (full at the start)
- If for any reason a participant needs to pull out between checkpoints during the event, they must notify event staff. Participants should call the 'emergency' contact number provided on their Walk bib to advise.
Children & Pets
- Exposure to the elements for babes in arms or toddlers is a high risk at this event, and the terrain is not suitable for strollers. Get your kids to cheer you over the finish line instead.
- As we are going through National Parks & on beaches which have restricted areas for animals – this includes dogs, horses, cats and goats. Please leave all your furry friends at home or with a loved one for the day.
Cancellations & Changes
Participants may cancel up to one month prior to the event date. The Registration Fee will be refunded to the credit card of which the payment was taken LESS $25, which will be retained by Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service. Participants can transfer their registration to another person at no charge up to 2 weeks prior to the event.
If the event is cancelled due to COVID, participants will be automatically transferred to the new date of the event year.
If participants cannot attend the new date they will be given the option to donate their participant fee to the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service or receive a full refund.
All fundraising monies will be transferred to the new participant if transferring the registration. All fundraising monies will be kept by the Rescue Helicopter Service if registration is cancelled.
Be sure to visit the Coastal Charity Walk Facebook page for regular updates or further information about the event www.facebook.com/coastalcharitywalk