HOW IT WORKS
Base to Base is a fitness challenge which will see you walk, ride, run or roll the distance between any of our four Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service bases across Northern NSW over the month of October.
Pick your mission and assemble your crew!
- Belmont to Broadmeadow Loop - 42km
- Belmont to Tamworth - 299km
- Tamworth to Lismore - 466km
- Lismore to Belmont - 599km
- The Full Rotation - 1,386km
You and your team can collectively clock your kilometres to travel the distance and complete a mission. Or – Choose to fly solo! If you want to go it alone that’s okay too.
Once you’ve chosen your mission, use your Base to Base page to raise vital funds for the Rescue Helicopter to keep us ready to respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are offering very cool incentive prizes including a Garmin smartwatch for our top four individual fundraisers. The top four fundraising teams will be invited to a special catered function at their nearest Rescue Helicopter Base. PLUS, the first 500 participants to raise $50 will receive a limited edition Base to Base buff to get you moving in style
LOG YOUR KMS
You can log your kilometres either automatically through your fitness app or manually on your Base to Base profile.
Track with your fitness app:
Your profile page includes your personal distance tally so you can track your distance towards your target. This is a great way to keep your friends updated on your workouts!
If you track your workouts with Fitbit or Strava your distances will automatically add to your tally.
Follow these steps to track your KMs automatically:
2. Log in to your Base to Base account.
3. Under the heading ‘Connect your preferred Fitness app’, click your chosen app.
4. Follow the prompts to connect your account
5. When you next work out, select ‘start’ in the app on your phone. Once you end your exercise, save your activity and your distance will be published to the tally on your page the following day.
If you have synced your app already but it is not working, please log in and re-connect it.
When using Fitbit, you must ‘start’ an activity and save it. Your daily steps will not automatically add to your page. If you are having issues, try syncing through BOTH your Fitbit and the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
Your tally will be updated each day with the previous day’s distances.
You can manually add your kilometres to the tally on your ‘My Fitness Activity’ tab of your Base to Base dashboard. This is a great option if you’re not using Fitbit or Strava to track your rides.
1. Login to your Base to Base dashboard and select the ‘My Fitness Activity’ tab.
2. Under ‘Add activity’, enter the date and distance.
3. The number of KMs will now appear on your fundraising page!